Website governance is a big job. Raise your hand if you’ve ever been embarrassed to find a broken link on your website. Keep it up if you had that same broken link pointed out to you by your boss, or even worse, someone else points it out to your boss. What about a spelling gaffe? And all that SEO you worked so hard to craft … do you really know if it’s working?
With all the marketing projects on your plate, from events to press releases to creating website content, staying on top of website governance best practices can seem an impossible task, but it isn’t something you can ignore. Using a web governance tool can help you ward off embarrassment and help you with Digital Quality Management (DQM). DQM tools allow you to govern across the ecosphere of your web assets, to know when a link needs to be fixed … before that dreaded phone call from your CEO comes in.
7 Reasons A Digital Quality Management Tool Makes You Look Good
1. Maximize UX. User experience cannot be overvalued when it comes to your website. If you have a broken link to a provider’s page or key health article or a non-functioning form for a seminar registration or online scheduling tool, consumers are likely to get frustrated and look elsewhere. With so many touchpoints on your website, you need help to create the most consistent UX possible.
2. Manage Risk Across A Complex Environment. Managing a brand for a healthcare organization comes with more complexity and risk than most other businesses – privacy, government regulations, and sensitive health topics must all be handled with utmost care. Keep the lawyers away with a tool that pre-checks and continually audits your web content for potential risks.
3. Ensure Compliance. You may have an extensive style guide or rulebook, varied by department or organization. DQM tools lock down your brand standards and guidelines so every content creator and publisher colors within the lines. When you choose DQM software, you want a tool that can adjust governance rules for localization, exceptions, issue prioritization, and any other user-level configuration you need.
4. Check Before Publication. Spellcheck, even with its quirks, really was a game changer for clear writing. But writing for the web has become more complicated, with SEO requirements and formatting best practices sometimes supplanting plain content for search relevance. DQM software helps you discover how to make your content better before you publish, not after an executive questions your website’s performance on Google.
5. Find Errors Before They Become Issues. Just like hall monitors used to keep kids from skipping class, weekly crawls of your website keep issues from developing into bigger problems for your website.
6. Implement Industry Standard Best Practices. Sometimes just figuring out what website governance best practices even are is a challenge. Rely on a tool that offers intuitive suggestions and a curated list of best practices for you to follow.
7. Share Results. Marketing these days is at least 50% reporting and analytics, and you can use these features of a DQM to improve on the value of your web assets as lead generators and incredible user experience providers. When your website performs better, and you can prove it with results, you look like your whole marketing team is performing better.
Ultimately, a DQM tool helps you manage your brand’s reputation online and supports your marketing activities while protecting your assets, maximizing internal productivity, and increasing conversions. Influence Health’s newest content management system, Convert on Demand 10, has digital quality management automatically built in. This out-of-the-box component assures you follow website governance best practices from the ground up as you build your new site, execute business goals, and measure performance.
Want to learn more about how to make the most of your brand’s web assets, or owned media? Read our post on why Owned Media is the Best Media.