When you work with healthcare technology, there’s no bigger meeting place to learn, network, and discover the next big thing than the annual HIMSS Global Conference & Exhibition. This year’s event takes place February 11-15 in Orlando, Florida and promises a schedule packed full of the hottest topics in healthcare technology today.
Healthgrades (Influence Health) will be in attendance this year, ready to discuss our newly combined solutions with our recent acquisition of Influence Health. With our joint knowledge base and experience, we’re excited to see themes emerging from the HIMSS schedule that cover topics and solutions we deal with every day interacting with our clients and developing innovative solutions to challenges in healthcare IT.
There’s a lot of noise and distraction to sift through in the marketplace, but we think these 5 themes hold the key to more successful outcomes and experiences for your organization today and in the future.
Patient Engagement and Consumer Experience
Engaging patients in a meaningful way while keeping up with the expectations of consumers, or potential new patients, in a rapidly evolving marketplace has never been more important. When you put the patient or person first, whether you’re building an omnichannel campaign or attempting to deliver more value to patients and your organization, you’re on the right track to meeting your goals.
Look out for the following sessions:
- Meaningful Engagement through Behavior Change Design – Monday February 11; 11:15am-11:30am
- Modernizing Healthcare in Today’s Consumer-Based Economy – Monday, February 11; 1:30pm-2:00pm
- Elevating the Patient’s Digital Experience – Tuesday, February 12; 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Call Center Turned Strategic Patient Engagement Engine – Tuesday, February 12; 4:15pm-5:15pm
- The Promise of Context and Location Aware Healthcare – Thursday, February 14; 10:00am-10:25am
- Voice Technology in the Health Ecosystem – Thursday, February 14; 10:00am-10:25am
- Building a Consumer Focused Healthcare System – Thursday, February 14; 10:15am-10:35am
- How Voice Will Change the Healthcare Landscape – Thursday, February 14; 2:00pm-2:55pm
- Patient Loyalty in Healthcare: An Innovative New Approach – Thursday, February 14; 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Digitally Transforming Patient and Caregiver Expectations – Friday, February 15; 12:00pm-1:00pm
Data, Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence
If there’s a buzzier buzz word than data, it’s definitely AI. And in healthcare IT, these resources are growing at a pace just faster than our ability to analyze and derive meaningful and actionable insights from them. AI holds a lot of potential for healthcare – in terms of predictive modeling, automating processes, improving care, and more.
These sessions should be a fascinating look at the most innovative uses in healthcare today:
- Unleashing Healthcare Data – Tuesday, February 12; 11:30am-12:30pm
- Leverage Your Own Data to Break Through Barriers – Tuesday, February 12; 11:45am-12:05pm
- The Role of AI in the (near) Future of Healthcare – Tuesday, February 12; 1:15pm-2:00pm
- From Real-World Data to Digital Twins: Paving the Way for Personalized Healthcare – Tuesday, February 12; 3:00pm-4:00pm
- CIO Perspective-Strong IT Requires a Mighty IT/HTM Bond – Wednesday, February 13; 9:00am-9:45am
- Using the Past to Predict the Future with Machine Learning – Wednesday, February 13; 11:30am-12:30pm
- Cloud and AI Innovation in Healthcare – Wednesday, February 13; 3:15pm-3:35pm
When you have more data sources coming from more technology solutions, the next major hurdle is getting all your tech to work together. Interoperability in healthcare covers more than just new tech solutions, however, but that aspect is a particularly hot topic these days.
Check out these sessions for tips on interoperability, collaboration and the potential for a more connected future.
- Digital Health: Defining the Future of Healthcare – Tuesday, February 12; 10:15am-10:35am
- Enabling Data Interoperability Across the Continuum of Care – Wednesday, February 13; 8:30am-9:30am
- The Interoperability Moonshot – Wednesday, February 13; 9:45am-10:30am
- The Real Time Health System – Wednesday, February 13; 11:00am-11:25am
- Data Rich, Information Poor: Breaking Barriers and Driving Innovation – Thursday, February 14; 10:00am-11:00am
Security is always going to be a hot topic in healthcare, and the sessions at HIMSS are no different. Many of the sessions look to approach these challenges in different ways and across different sectors. You’ll most likely gain a new respect for the importance of and issues surrounding information security in healthcare no matter which session you attend, and this one on Tuesday is a good place to start:
- Forging a Stronger Approach for the Cyber Security Challenge – Tuesday, February 12; 10:00pm-1:00pm
The importance of building a successful population health strategy and finding the technology to best support your efforts has been on the rise for a while now. New capabilities around data and analytics are helping these tactics grow in sophistication and improving results.
For a look into how tech can help you focus more on population health, check out these sessions:
- Deploy Machine Learning to Predict Rising Risk – Tuesday, February 12; 11:45am-12:05pm
- Leveraging Data Analytics to Complement Value-Based Approach – Wednesday, February 13; 8:30am-9:30am
- Unlocking the Value of Clinical Data – Wednesday, February 13, 10:00am-11:00am
- Using Real-Time Analytics to Improve Patient Clinical Outcomes – Wednesday, February 13; 4:00pm-5:00pm
HIMSS 2019 clearly has a lot to offer, but we hope you’ll find time between sessions and discussions about these topics and more to drop by our booth to talk about what you’re learning and the challenges you’re facing today.
Come find us in Booth 4351 at the Orange County Convention Center, and enter to win a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II. We want to understand who you’re listening to when it comes to solving technology challenges and help you drown out the noise to focus on the best solution for your organization.
Originally published on Healthgrades.